About Legal Geek
Legal Geek is a young and ambitious event business in London. We organise LegalTech start-up conferences and meetups around the world.
Our flagship event [The Legal Geek Conference] has grown over three years from 500 > 1000 > 2000 attendees from 40 countries. We have recently launched into New York and we are planning more international expansion over the coming year. We also run a dedicated not-for-profit called Law for Good which supports legal charities.
As the senior conference producer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the very best conferences, highlighting hot topics and introducing keynote speakers from around the world.
This role involves ensuring our event speaker content is topical, interesting, relevant and engaging. You will be designing and programming 4 to 5 medium-scale conferences [500-2000 attendees] per year.
This is a role that offers structure, whilst encouraging creativity and fresh ideas.
Market research and analysis
- Ongoing industry research around key topics to identify needs and deliver value for the target audience
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and news through attending industry events & conferences and networking with key individuals
- Curating agendas for conferences so that speakers are in an appropriate session for their topic; this includes managing up to 3 different stages running simultaneously for some conferences
- Develop ideas for content at events and different sessions, challenging the traditional format
Speaker acquisition and liaison
- Researching and acquiring top-level speakers that can deliver value to the audience rather than well-known favourites or conference regulars
- Liaising with and briefing speakers and sponsors on the content, quality and delivery of their talk
- Gathering data and producing sponsorship proposals for the conferences
We are a small team and you would be required to jump onto other areas from time to time. Other tasks might include:
- Writing digital content and news to support events
- Optimising digital content for SEO
- Social media management [Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram]
- Confident to attend events and network
- Ability to work in a small team and self-motivated
- Previous experience of conference programming and speaker acquisition
- Understanding the legal tech market useful but not essential
- Comfortable using technology and a quick learner
- Writing digital content and news in a timely manner
- High degree of organisation
- You will be joining a small team where you can have a big impact
- We regularly get together for team outings and away days
- Casual working environment with office dog
- 25 holiday days
Job Type: Full-time
Woohoo, if you are interested in applying please email your CV, covering note and Linkedin profile to email@example.com [yes it’s .co]