Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice details the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data and keep it safe.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please do get in touch with us at email@example.com
What data do we collect and when?
We normally collect your data when you provide it to us. You may give us your data by email, through an online web form, or by browsing our website.
The type of data we collect depends on why we are processing your data. We typically collect your name, company name, job title and contact details. We only use your data for the purposes for which it was provided. For instance:
- Sharing your company name and job title with sponsors, but no other details
Legal Geek uses Eventbrite, Meetup and Universe for event management. We only collect details necessary for running the event, and typically use the information to provide you with the service you requested, and to monitor and evaluate the events we deliver.
Some Legal Geek Sponsors will be permitted to scan your badge at an event. In doing so you consent to share your name, company and email address with the sponsor.
How do we protect your data?
We take protecting your data very seriously. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data is secured by encryption.
How long will we keep your data?
We only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided.
For members of the community who have consented to be included on our community database we will hold the data until the individual unsubscribes or withdraws consent, or when it becomes clear that emails and other communications are no longer being delivered.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. We only do this where it is necessary for providing you services or for the effective operation of Legal Geek, in particular we share the company names and job titles of attendees with our third party Sponsors.
The policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy is as follows:
- We provide only the information they need to provide their specific services;
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them;
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times;
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge if reasonable.
- The correction of your personal data when they are incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of your personal data – although we are not required to delete your data where data where we are required to hold it for complying with our own legal obligations.
- Withdraw your consent for processing of your personal data.
To ask for your information, correction, deletion or withdrawing consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org